Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bring the Outdoors, IN!

I like to bring the outdoors inside to storytime whenever I can. So, when we read books about clouds, I taped 'cloud' shapes on the ceiling and we laid in the 'grass' and guessed what shapes the clouds looked like as they passed by!


I have a large bag full of fake leaves so we can crunch, crunch, crunch through them or roll around in them. We've had snowball fights with cotton balls. I have used multiple fans to create wind. I use spray bottles (really misty ones) when it calls for rain. My LLFs took their socks and shoes off and walked through the sand and squished their toesies in the sand when we visited the beach. I have taped large puddles on the floor when we jumped in puddles. It is so much more fun when you make the stories come alive through creative play! My BLFs can do this at home, too, with little mess and practically no cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment