Sunday, October 7, 2012

Crazy Alphabets

I usually get my ideas for storytimes from books as I catalog new books. That's exactly what happened with Crazy Alphabets. I saw two new books that were hilarious!

Z is for Moose by Kelly Bingham is adorable. Moose so much wants to be in the alphabet book and is a little impatient. The crew decides to use Mouse instead of Moose on the M page and Moose sort of loses it! There are tons of alphabet books, but this one stands out for me.








AlphaOops! The Day Z Went First by Alethea Kontis is another funny one. Z is tired of going last and demands to go first. Well, pandemonium follows!


So, our Preschool Pretend & Play last week began with Jack Hartmann's Hip-Hop Alphabop song. We did our "10" rhyme which this session is 10 Apples.

Other books we read:


A and Z were featured throughout the program.

We sang a song to the tune of Frere Jacques, The Z Song: (song found in a Mailbox magazine)
Z is for zebra
Z is for zebra
Z is for zoo
Z is for zoo
Z is for zipper
Z is for zipper
And zigzag, too
Zigzag, too!
Each family got a letter wheel and we sang this song: (song found in a Mailbox magazine)
Our grown-up and me activity was to the tune of Skip to My Lou
I found a (j) how about you?
I found a (j) how about you?
I found a (j) how about you?
I found a (j) You can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment