Monday, February 20, 2012

Some New Books I Like

Well, I usually like two different types of picture books- silly and heart-warming. Here are some new books that I like.

I think Mo Willems' Elephant and Piggie books are just hilarious! I love the simplicity of the books and how much is shared with the reader through the subtle facial expressions of two main characters. I actaully laugh out loud when I read these books. His new one is no exception:

This is a Christmas book that we just got in and it is beautiful. I love Lauren Thompson. She is the author of the Little Quack books, Mouse's First Spring and more. This again is a simple book, but powerful in its message and the emotions that it evokes.


Here is another author I love, Nancy Tafuri. This is a soft, gentle book about the love a mother and child share. Her books, including the illustrations, are always beautiful.

Moonlight by Helen V. Griffith is a great book to share with little ones at bedtime. The moon is like butter spreading over everything even rabbit's dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment