Friday, May 13, 2011

Top 3 Things I Like about My Job

  1. For sure, without a doubt, my number one thing I like about my job is the children. I have always loved children. I love their curiosity. I love that they are genuine- what you see, what they say, how they feel is all real. Often times when I am at the desk or in my office I hear them in the library singing oblivious to others. They are happy and content and not yet self-conscious. I love when I hear a real, true belly laugh from one of them. I love their smiles and hugs and innocence. I am happy that I can share my sense of humor with them and my passion for learning. Having fun with them in the programs or even just chit-chatting at the desk, makes my day worthwhile.
  2. I also am so grateful for my BLFs. Over the years, I have met so many kind, thoughtful and supportive grown-ups through my work. I enjoy each time you say "Hi" or stop and catch up with what's going on. I am appreciative of the kind words and the encouragement you offer. I am grateful for the friendly smiles and the news about your lives. Again, often these brief moments have made my day so much brighter. Thank you.
  3. I am grateful for Miss Keri, my partner here. She makes me laugh which I love to do. She is patient, accepting and understanding. She lets me be me. She forgives and forgets. She is open to new ideas. She is always willing to help me and she is able to ask for my help as well. More than anything, we share the same experiences- the ups and downs, the joys and stresses and all that is in between. Shout out to Miss Keri!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Debbie - you are too sweet! You have been a great mentor to me and are so willing to brainstorm and share ideas. You have helped me grow in my job tremendously. Everyone here at FPL is super lucky to have you!

    Miss Keri

    ReplyDelete