Saturday, July 20, 2013

Worms and Ants- Ages 3-5

In Preschool Pretend & Play, we concentrate on the number 10, letters and sounds and rhyming words.

For this session, I used this "10" Rhyme:

I have 10 fingers
And they belong to me
I can make them do things
Just watch and see
I can shut them up tight
I can open them up wide
I can put them together
I can make then hide
I can make them jump high
I can make them go low
I can fold them quietly
And hold them just so!

The letter of the week was A for Ant:

Our songs were: Let Me See You Boogaloo by The Learning Station and Wiggle Waggle Sneeze from the Kids on the Move.

Books: Ned's New Home, Bob & Otto, Ants and I Saw an Ant in the Parking Lot.

Flannelboard: 5 Hungry Ants

We used brown pipe cleaners to shape the letter W and then make worms.

Flannelboard: 5 Worms Went Out to Play

Five little worms went out to play
On a bright and sunny day,
A banana peel is what one found
And he brought it home into the ground.

Four little worms ...
a cracked eggshell
Three little worms ...
some rotten leaves
Two little worms ...
a old newspaper
One little worm ...
a used tea bag

Those five little worms dug deep in the ground,
They wiggled their bodies around and around,
They ate those kitchen scraps, munch! munch! munch!
And made some DIRT from their garbage lunch!

Here's where I found it but I am not sure that is the original author.

We had our edible ants in sand and finished with this craft:


No comments:

Post a Comment