Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Feelings

In Tales for Twos today, we talked about feelings. We began with our 5 song! This session, we are using "One Elephant Went Out to Play" as our 5 song.

We read Todd Parr's The Feeling Book and Glad Monster, Sad Monster by Ed Emberley.

We did our This is Big, Big, Big action rhyme. Great to learn new vocabulary and our big rhyme went well with the elephants having enormous fun!

(From http://melissa.depperfamily.net/blog/)
This is big big big
Hold arms out to side

This is small small small
Cup hands together
This is short short short
Hold hands with palms facing each other
This is tall tall tall
Reach one hand above head
This is fast fast fast
Circle fists quickly
This is slow slow slow
Circle fists slowly
This is yes yes yes
Nod
This is no no no
Shake head
We did our action song. This session we are using Monkey Drum. (not available on cd)
And ended with a rhyme about feelings. Using 'puppets' with different moods, we sang...

Where is happy
Where is happy
Here I am
Here I am
I am very happy
I am very happy
Yes, I am
Yes, I am

Here are the crafts that were available for take-home:

No comments:

Post a Comment