Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chalk by Bill Thompson

This is a great book to make come alive! By using simple props to match the story, you can really have fun!


Here's a picture of some of the things I used.



I used an umbrella and squirted the audience with water for the rain. I made a bag that looked like the one in the book- black with yellow stars and moons. Inside, of course, is 'magic' chalk. Then there's the sun, the butterflies and the dinosaur! I drew each one like the kids in the book and then I used the props to make the drawings "come alive". I made a sun out of poster board. Butterflies- last time I used a great big butterfly, but that was hanging from the ceiling today....
So, I improvised and made a bunch of small ones with our Ellison die-cut and threw them in the air. Then for the best part- the dinosaur! We have a huge t-rex puppet and I like to chase the kids!
Love this book! I think it is a lot of fun to do with a group!




No comments:

Post a Comment