Thursday, May 24, 2012

Early Literacy Idea

I am behind in my posting! As I have mentioned before, I like to go through educational catalogs, books and Internet resources and I often find things that inspire me! Things that can be made at home and inexpensively!


There are so MANY early learning tools to make with craft sticks and craft sticks are inexpensive. I used an old tin can to make a word family can and craft sticks with words that belong to that family. Easy-peasy, 1-2-3. You have instant fun family learning! Make several cans, maybe make each one a different color as well, make many sticks and mix them up! Take turns putting them in the correct can, talk about the words, sound them out, emphasize that the ending sound is the same! If you incorporate colors, you have another concept to include in the game as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment