Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Letter Muncher

Now that summer is over, I am working on preparing for fall programs. As I do, I am going to post some very inexpensive ideas for my BLFs to do at home with their little ones.
These small garbage cans were purchased at the Dollar Tree and decorated by one of our wonderful college workers, Christina. She did an amazing job!
Now, these can be letter munchers, shape munchers, sound munchers, number munchers, rhyming word munchers, color munchers, etc...
You make cards or use 3-D objects and have your little one choose from a pile and feed the Muncher- yum, yum, yum. For example, I would have letters- foam, magnetic, printed on cards, etc. available and I would say this rhyme:

Letter Muncher, Letter Muncher
Munch, munch, munch!
Would you like to munch
The letter _____ for lunch?

Letter Muncher, Letter Muncher
Munch, munch, munch
The letter _____ is yummy
To munch for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment