Friday, April 1, 2011

Music That Will Get You Moving

There are so many choices! I like to get up and dance with my LLFs! Not only is it great exercise, but little ones have short attention spans. Typically, it is 3 to 5 minutes per year of the child's age. So, a 2 year-old should be able to sit and listen to stories for about 6 minutes. Then, it's time to get up and boogie! The rhythm and rhyme of music is also a key component of early literacy!

I really like Greg & Steve, Jack Hartmann, Carole Peterson, Dr. Jean, Jim Gil, Imagination Movers & Laurie Berkner. I enjoy songs that get you moving!

I also like camp songs. I am a former scout and former scout leader. Camp songs are a hoot! Take a look at a great resource. When you find a song with just the lyrics and not the melody, be sure to look on YouTube for a video. Someone somewhere probably made a video and you can learn the tune and actions too.

Crank up the music at home and be silly and dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment